We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help shape the future of our product. In this remote-first position, you will make sure that our backend systems scale with the requirements of our product. You’ll work in a cross-functional team with members from all over Germany.
- When faced with a complex problem you are able to coordinate efforts so that the team can find the best possible path to a solution
- You value a “don’t ask for permission, ask for forgiveness” leadership style that is focused on enablement rather than decision making
- You will mentor less experienced members of our team
- You will be help scale our backend services to handle inbound data from different sources
- Experience with automated testing, TDD is a plus
- Experience with GraphQL, Schema stitching is a plus
- Experience with Service driven Architectures is a plus
- Experience with PubSub Messaging is a plus
- Experience with Postgres, Docker, CloudRun/Kubernetes is a plus
- Google Cloud Platform experience is a plus
- Experience with build automation (CI), experience with Continuous Delivery and GitHub Actions is a plus
- Terraform knowledge is a plus
- E-Commerce development experience is a plus
- Web-Scraping experience is a plus
- Proficiency in English
What we offer you for your commitment
- The chance to join us - a talented, passionate, diverse-thinking team - in an advanced start-up phase and actively help shape a product idea and drive forward and implement an exciting vision
- Very flat hierarchy and entrepreneurial scope for creativity
- Unlimited employment contracts and an attractive salary, 30 days of paid holiday
- The offer of full- and part-time positions is a matter of routine for us - life circumstances change, as an employer, we try to be as flexible as possible to provide support for these changes
- Communication and feedback are important for us - personalized integration and development process, as well as bi-annual review meetings, 1on1's with managers and weekly unit meetings
- Annual development budget of €1,500 - which you can use as you wish, for example for courses or career coaching
- Flexible working hours & regular home office days & Remote & Workation
- Twice a year we get together for our big strategy days - sharing innovations, teaming up and celebrating
- Financial support for memberships of selected fitness and sports studios (qualitrain) as well as discounted shopping opportunities through cooperation partners
- Coffee, drinks, Paulaner Spezi, fruit & sweet flat rate
- Beautiful offices in the heart of Munich and Berlin with In-house bars for team events
How can I demonstrate that I have particular needs in the application process?
For people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses, or neurodiversity, adjustments and support can make a decisive difference in the application process. If you need any specific accommodations (tools, time, etc.) and feel comfortable disclosing this, please let us know.
Curious? Do you want to actively help building something great and take on responsibility in a start-up? Then we look forward to receiving your application (incl. salary requirements, possible start date, resume, references, etc.) at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to use the application form below, please be sure to include all of these details.