We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help shape the future of our product. In this remote-first position, you will make sure that our backend systems scale with the requirements of our product. You’ll work in a cross-functional team with members from all over Germany.
- When faced with a complex problem you are able to coordinate efforts so that the team can find the best possible path to a solution
- You value a “don’t ask for permission, ask for forgiveness” leadership style that is focused on enablement rather than decision making
- You will mentor less experienced members of our team
- You will be help scale our backend services to handle inbound data from different sources
- Experience with Python and TypeScript
- Experience with Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- Experience with Event-Driven Architectures, PubSub/SQS, Airflow, Dataflow, or similar (Data Engineering) is a plus
- Experience with Redis is a plus
- Experience with Go, NoSQL, Terraform is a plus
- AWS experience is a plus
- GraphQL experience is a plus
Our offer to you
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- 1500€ learning budget per year
- Discounted membership card for nearby fitness studio
- Flexible working hours
- Quarterly team on-sites (meet the people you work with)
- Bi-Weekly one-on-ones with your manager
- Quarterly 360°-Feedback to help you grow personally and professionally
- A learning culture where knowledge is openly shared between departments
Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?
Studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. In contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying.
We strongly encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and auteon.
How can I demonstrate that I have particular needs in the application process?
For people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses, or neurodiversity, adjustments and support can make a decisive difference in the application process. If you need any specific accommodations (tools, time, etc.) and feel comfortable disclosing this, please let us know.